Considering a water softener? Leak Geeks Plumbing carries a variety of water softeners to meet the needs of customers in Flower Mound TX. Water softeners convert hard water into soft water. This process occurs differently for different devices and systems.
Here is an overview of the different kinds of water softeners.
- Salt-based softeners completely remove hard water minerals and last for a long time. They are commonly used because the costs of upkeep are relatively low. Although these costs are low, they require frequent maintenance.
- Salt-free softeners require little maintenance, however have high initial costs. Since they are salt free there won’t be added sodium in your water. They can filter out impurities but won’t remove hard minerals.
- Portable softeners are compact and convenient for traveling; however, they provide little water supply and are usually salt based.
- Showerhead softeners are inexpensive and are easily installed. They can be a great way to introduce soft water into the home. Some showerhead softeners contain unwanted additives that buyers should be wary of.
- Reverse osmosis softeners provide healthy drinking water but only to one faucet. They can also be expensive.
- Magnetic softeners have several benefits. They are affordable, easy to install, and installation doesn’t require cutting pipes. The downsides are that magnetic softeners require electricity and only neutralize, not remove, minerals.
Benefits of water softeners
Water softeners can provide many benefits, including:
- Fewer water stains on dishes
- Improved washing machine results
- Better tasting water
- Softer skin and hair
- Reduced scum buildup
If you are interested in more information on water softener options, benefits, and installation, contact Leak Geeks today! Call (817) 431-8929 or schedule service online.