Having to maintain and handle household plumbing can be a daunting task, especially to those who may not be as familiar or even comfortable with making repairs, and no homeowner wants to risk their home flooding, and the toilet spewing sewage all over the bathroom. Yikes.
With that being said, Leak Geeks gets it, and as a general rule of thumb, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. When you have your home regularly maintained it gives your plumbing the BEST chance and results. Our Plumbing Service Partner Program can help any homeowner maintain a regular maintenance plan to keep your plumbing on point. With this Service Partner Program, you’ll receive:
- Priority Service
- On-Going Yearly Safety Inspections
- Inspection and Flush Water Heater
- Dye Test
- Bathroom & Kitchen Faucets Inspections
- Camera inspection of main sewer line from your house to the city main (once per year)
- No service charges.
If you’re interested in keeping your home’s plumbing systems in optimal condition, call Leak Geeks Plumbing in Keller TX at 918-500-9767 and get signed up for our Plumbing Service Partner Program today!
We’re also sharing 3 tips on how to fix common toilet troubles:
Tip #1: If your toilet runs constantly (water is actively flowing into the tank through the fill valve), it wastes water which runs your utility bill up. The problem is usually in the fill tank. If you’re noticing the water level in the tank is dropping:
- Check the flapper. If you can see it’s not sealing the flush valve opening, water from the tank will continually leak into the bowl and the toilet will run constantly to keep the tank filled. Replace the flapper as needed.
*BONUS Tip: If your toilet is noisy when it’s not in use and there’s a constant sound of water running. Follow the above steps and make sure to check if your water supply valve is fully open.
Tip #2 If your toilet won’t flush, try checking the flush handle and adjust that as needed to see if it’s too loose or too tight. If you need to replace the flush handle, remember to bring it with you to the store to ensure the right replacement.
- Check the lift chain to make sure it’s properly attached to the lift arm and the flapper at the base of the flush valve. Untangle or adjust as needed.
- Make sure the flapper seals the flush valve opening. If the flapper is damaged or has warped make sure to replace it.
Tip #3 Fix a running or leaking toilet right when the problem presents. It can be easy to overlook a leak in your toilet as most leaks are the water leaking out from the tank into the bowl (and down the drain) and not on the bathroom floor. It’s easy to keep putting it off, but it’ll cost you more and more in utility bills if left alone.
So, if you are experiencing any issues with your toilet or plumbing and looking for first-class service, you have found the right plumber! At Leak Geeks, we literally roll out the red carpet at your door and polite, clean-cut, licensed professionals will look after your home and your needs with respect. We put covers on our shoes, and clean up after, leaving your home looking every bit as tidy as we found it. It’s the little touches of care that can make the most of your customer experience.
Fоr more infоrmаtiоn call Leak Gееkѕ Plumbing аt 817-330-6550 tоdау.